We're off!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Krisaby Krisaby 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Masterclock and I will be leaving these damp and misty shores for a little Mediterranean warmth (we hope). It’s great having a resident son as caretaker. 😉

snow covered summit of Vesuvio/Vesuvius

We don’t think our hotel looks quite like this –

Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius

We’ll be back just after the next planned handout at the end of October. As we have some bags in hand I hope we’ll give them away just after we get back.

See you soonish! 😀

• This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by beattie beattie.
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Have a good time Beattie and Masterclock!

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Have a fabulous time. Xx

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

You will soon be home again. Hope you have a fab time. I hope the Caretaker does a good job.

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Hope you are having (had) a brilliant time in the Med – look forward to hearing all about it

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

You have gone to my mum’s favourite place! She set 2 of her books in Sorrento. 😀

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

We had a great time, thank you all, the weather was mostly amazingly good (24-27 degrees) and we did sightseeing, country walks and relaxing.
    I’d be interested to read your mum’s book, Offcuts. I wonder how much Sorrento has changed since she wrote it. I took my “tall and handsome man” with me!! 😉

We also managed a visit to see our granddaughter who is growing up soooo fast! We’ll be babysitting her for a day in a few weeks so her mum can go to a meeting at her workplace, in preparation for returning to work.

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Glad you had a good holiday. It sounds pretty well perfect. Did the caretaker do a good job while you were away or did you have a huge pile of washing up to deal with on your return?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

LOL! Thanks for asking Krisaby, but we don’t know how much washing up will be piled up when we eventually get home. As you may have gathered, we’re STILL not there! Got sidetracked by some business & haven’t been home since early /mid October! 😕 Someone asked me how my garden is, and that twisted the knife, as I just don’t know how it is, how many brambles have regrown and how high the grass has got!!
    Have the builders next door finally finished (after almost 3 years) and moved on? Have the bunnies borrowed a JCB from the builders and made a replica of the Channel Tunnel under the fence? Have any more of my garden walls collapsed? (One did a few days before we left & needs rebuilding). These and similar questions are on my mind….

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Aaaah! I see you have a good few reasons to come home then!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.