Sewing by the sea

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Krisaby Krisaby 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tracy Cushing
    Tracy Cushing
    Participant

Scallywagbags pod are on our Jolly Holidays in Cornwall – so of course I made sure there was room in the car for a sewing machine 😈

We’ve had great weather so far but today turned out a little soggy so it was a good day for finding a cosy nook and making Morsbags.

It’s been lovely weather on holiday so far, but today was a little damp.
    A good day for sewing morsbags then 🙂

I was lucky and found a lovely spot for it at a gem of a toy shop in the Drill Hall in St Ives run by Chris and Angela. (Thank you for having me guys 🙂 )

Got my trusty little Singer featherweight set up, sheltered from the rain, drank tea, sewed and generally put the world to rights for a couple of hours.

I think I’m liking morsbagging by the sea (wondering if I can stow away somewhere….it’s a very small machine, no-one would notice would they?)

RAAR Emporium is stuffed to the rafters with a carefully curated selection of toys of great appeal for all ages. http://raaremporium.com
    Chris and Angela’s passion for what they do shines through and makes it a pleasure to pop in there (they’ve won awards doncha know from the “Let Toys be Toys” campaign http://www.lettoysbetoys.org.uk/about-2/)

5 morsbags made today plus a kit given away, and there may be plans afoot for a St Ives morsbag pod too (yay).

A fine day for whales and, a Chris would say, “all the fishies say ‘yeah’!”

😎

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Do you know, Scallywagbags ,I thought today would be a great morsbagging day too, but as it turned out, I had to do lots of other stuff instead and am only just now going to sit down and make my daily morsbag (or two).

I’m so glad you managed to find a cosy nook in St.Ives to sit and sew, and hand out bags. If a potential pod in the town needs a little support I’d be happy to help out now and again. (But perhaps with some trepidation in the summer hols, as the traffic jams have been terrible on the A30 today.)

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

And we’re hoping to go to St Ives next year! It sounds a lovely venue. Where do you stay SWB’s?

masterclock
    masterclock
    Participant

Those little Singers are much coveted by those in the know and much easier to fit into odd corners I should think. Glad you had a good time.

Weather promises good for today!

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Good for you Scallywagbags! It sounds like you found an ideal location. I find it amazing you could take your sewing machine on holiday and find a niche, set up morsbagging, make bags, and perhaps got the start of a new pod in St. Ives. I feel breathless!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.