music and morsbags

Morsbags HomeForumsdates for diaries…music and morsbags

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Tracy Cushing Tracy Cushing 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Two Doors Studio
    Two Doors Studio
    Participant

Salt Line Studio pod will be making morsbags in the sun (fingers crossed) at an outdoor music festival in Congleton, Cheshire.

Going Up The Country Indiepop Weekend
    Saturday June 13th 2015
    The Church House Inn
    Buxton Rd, CW12 2 Congleton
    https://www.facebook.com/events/778126668933233/

We’ll be sewing al fresco with the Singer handcranks, but I think we’ll leave the actual singing to the actual singers 🙂

Its a charity event, there is a charge for tickets to the festival, proceeds to MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT but the morsbags are free as always

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That looks like great fun Tracy! I hope you have enough help to catch some of the bands playing that day. Handcraks always get lots of attention and bring out the reminiscences. 😀 Any chance of some photos please?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

At first I wondered if you would be asking for suggestions of music to make morsbags by!

Number one suggestion – The Sewing Machine Song, from the musical film, The Perils of Pauline https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=999ph8iRT4o

2) Canvas Bags by Tim Minchin
    https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=canvas+bags+song&revid=2022344662

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Making morsbags to music sound like fun.
    Hope you have a good day.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Lovely! Hope it goes well Tracy x

Two Doors Studio
    Two Doors Studio
    Participant

Haha thanks Beattie for the clips – how have I not seen that Tim Minchin video before? Very funny – but I must admit towards the end I was wondering how many morsbags I could make from that billowy white shirt (nothing is safe when you’re a morsbagger!).

I shall try to get some pics too.

TC for Salt Line Studios

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

That sounds like it will be fun and trend setting – making morsbags to music while eating cake!

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Ah that’s not far from me, sadly I can’t make that day as its our villages Summer Ball…. I hope it goes well x

Two Doors Studio
    Two Doors Studio
    Participant

Hope you had a great time at the ball Sazzie.

The Indie pop festival goers were a very lovely bunch. The hand crank Singers were a real hit and lots of lovely morsbags were made.

There a couple of issues with morsbagging at music festivals though.
    i) You have to get really good at explaining how to make a morsbag just using (polite) gestures or get a very hoarse voice.
    ii) You have to stop yourself from hand cranking in time with the music – its fine for a ballad but can get a bit speedy on a faster number

It was a lovely day, and a good day for whales too 🙂

Two Doors Studio
    Two Doors Studio
    Participant

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

It sounds wonderful Tracey! I laughed when you listed the “issues” with music festival bagging, particularly the “cranking in time” observation! 😀

It’s lovely to get the handcranks out again – and they create a lot of interest and nostalgia.

Sorry some of the photos aren’t there….

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

That’s brilliant Tracey! I just love the idea of the music persuading you to hand crank in time with it. I can see that would be compulsive.
    It sounds like a wonderful event.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Glad it was fun Tracey! We are supplying morsbags for 4 outdoor festivals this summer.:-)

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Thanks for the update Tracey, I love the pictures of the hand cranks, I’m afraid I’d be guilty of sewing in time to the music

masterclock
    masterclock
    Participant

“The Indie pop festival goers were a very lovely bunch. The hand crank Singers were a real hit……”

“The Hand Crank Singers”, one of they northern close harmony groups I s’pose.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.