It really is as bad as they say

Morsbags HomeForumsCatch up – non-morsbag related chatIt really is as bad as they say

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by ivybags ivybags 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Another big storm forecast for today, stay safe everyone x

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant
    ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

This storm ??

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I wonder how things are at home…… 😕

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Do you have someone who can check for you Beattie?

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Our son is at home, working nights so not communicating much (not that he does much, anyway!). I’m sure he would have texted if there is a problem…. 😕

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Phew – what a morning. I’m so tired Ive just fallen asleep in the bath.
    Walked up to the lookout together with my fellow watchkeeper at 8.30 this morning. It was blowing an absolute hooley. Jenny had quite a tussle hoisting the flag, whilst I logged on with the Coastguard – after I had given the lady the local weather conditions – WNW Gale Force 9, she thanked us for being on watch – how lovely is that
    Spectacular squalls, with some amazing waves – far too dangerous for me to take my camera outside Im afraid. Then Salcombe lifeboat popped out – or should I say buffeted out, for a spot of rough weather training.
    By lunchtime, rather than calming down, the wind had increased, and our poor relief watchkeepers, both in their 80’s arrived exhausted – one lost his cap on the way !!
    Backhome now and you wouldnt think it could be so rough – but spectacular.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.