It really is as bad as they say

Morsbags HomeForumsCatch up – non-morsbag related chatIt really is as bad as they say

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by ivybags ivybags 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

This is our main and only rail link down to Devon and Cornwall – or should I say was

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.683406608348579.1073741891.178626058826639&type=1

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

You are cut off! It’s awful. Perhaps the money promised for the High Speed rail link from London to the north would be better spent rescuing a rail service for Devon and Cornwall.

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Is your path up to the watch tower safe?

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Krisaby. It was wet and slippery last Friday but we were careful and had trenching poles and boots today the weather knocked out the weather station and the two am watch keepers who are both very experienced said that they had never seen conditions like it. 200 feet up and the sea spray overtopped the lookout !!!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

My goodness. Please take care Ivybags. Does the lookout have to be manned 24 hrs?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Golly! Be VERY careful Ivybags! 😕

This is our local beach front restaurant. We are not at home at the moment, but our house is about 150 feet above this bay.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26062343

Note the boarded up windows, which had been knocked out by the last big storm. High tides normally reach to the foot of the wall below the beach huts. The boarded up beach hut is the one used by the RNLI lifeguards in summer.

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Oh my goodness, stay safe.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

We have made morsbags there haven’t we Beattie?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That’s right Offcuts. We sewed in the little garden where this was filmed from. The weather was quite a bit better then.

Been away & found a photo – I think the roof to Offcuts’ right is the one with waves breaking over it.

Bagging by the beach 9

Was that 2009 Offcuts?

• This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by beattie beattie.
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I think we were in there! Yes 2009 with our brand new t-shirts!

P1000457

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

OOh – that looks bad. And its off again this evening – so far without the wind – but that is set to arrive again soon

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Beattie the beach front cafe clip has just been on the 10pm BBC news.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Oooh yes, though in your photo we’re in the restaurant of the pub a little further up the hill from the beach. 😀

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Ivybags – it is quite a challenge this coast watch that you do. What a brilliant and unselfish set of people you are. I do love the power of a rough sea – but not THAT rough!
    I love the photos of the coastal morsbaggers and those awesome views. The news of the storms is far more disturbing when you know people who are living in the midst of it.
    Is it a comfort for you to know that here in Essex (it is still raining but not like you have) we have crocuses out in the garden – and yesterday a little iris popped out!

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Krisaby – thanks for those kind words.
    Today is………..sh………..sunny…………….for a little while….

Have a look at the web cam http://www.nci-prawlepoint.org.uk/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.