International Morsbagging Weekend November 2017

Morsbags HomeForumsdates for diaries…International Morsbagging Weekend November 2017

This topic contains 44 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

You got us off to an early start Offcuts! Nice bag 🙂

Hi, had to go out unexpectedly but have made 3 bags this morning.
    That makes a total of 10.
    sorry I don’t know how to make the number large and pretty.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I found a numeral on flickr.com that someone else had put on, Tintin. I copied the URL and pasted it into my comment and it appeared as a number, as if by magic!

We’ve hit various snags (not having as many kits as I thought, forgetting to bring plenty of thread, bent needle, had to replace bulb) but have made another 3 bags. Running total now

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Another four (and another bent needle!) takes the running total to

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

This lovely morsbag was made this morning by new morsbaggers Caroline. She took kits and labels home with her so looks very promising!

IMG_0597

So that takes the running total to

images

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by offcuts offcuts.

Well I’ve managed 3 more, have been wasting my time trying to post pretty numbers but haven’t succeeded so that makes a total of 21. I hope to make some more tomorrow

Jan Shea
    Jan Shea
    Participant

Hi all,
    I don’t have time to post pictures, but I have completed one this morning for my friends birthday. Our Sew A Thon starts in 1 1/2 hours, so will update when we’re finished up this evening. We will be handing out premade bags as well, so will add those to our pod total. Love being part of this organization! Running total now at 22.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Jan Shea Jan Shea.
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Yay, they’re adding up! We’ll get back to work soon, running total so far is

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

We managed another 4 bags this evening, making the running total 26 so far.

UvonM
    Participant

Hi, I‘am really surprised: my „sewing ladies“ made 14 Morsbags today and they are still sewing… maybe we run out of stock with labels by tomorrow :-)))
    Running total is 40 now!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That’s brilliant Ursula! I’m impressed by your sewing ladies and their industriousness. Which pod are you?

Added later
    Are you Die Nähdamen? I see you’ve been adding bags all day long – fantastic work Nähdamen!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by beattie beattie.
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I managed another 2 bags this evening making the running total 42

That’s it from me tonight, over to you Jan! I’ll look in again tomorrow evening, we’ll be out all day.

Have a great day, Sunday sewers 😀

Kathy Kennedy
    Kathy Kennedy
    Participant

I’ve completed two today, bringing us up to 44.
    –Kathy (Earthlings) from rainy mid-Missouri USA

Jan Shea
    Jan Shea
    Participant

Fantastic work everyone!
    We just wrapped up our Sew a Thon and I’m happy to say we can add 26 more bags to the total / 70!!!
    We gave away 53 bags outside the library ( we had some pre made), so I’ll update our pod total. Really fun day!!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Well done Jan! Its fun when pods from all over join in. My pod is in Leicester where the king was found in the carpark! As you can see I guerrilla bagged Richard 111!

IMG_0658

I am pretty nocturnal and I shall probably sew morsbags tonight. Hopefully the neighbours won’t complain too much!

Our running total tonight is

images

A great achievement for the first day. Keep on going if you can!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.