International Morsbagging Weekend November 2017

Morsbags HomeForumsdates for diaries…International Morsbagging Weekend November 2017

This topic contains 44 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Rosie suggested another International Morsbagging Weekend on another thread and it got some support, so let’s do it!

How to participate?
    Over the weekend of Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th November you set aside some time to sew morsbags. We try to do updates as we sew, two bags made, six bags made, and so on, and keep a running total of everybody’s input so we know how many bags have been made over the weekend. You update your pod’s tally as normal.

We’ll be out on Sunday but I’m in on Saturday! 😀 Any other takers?

Kathy Kennedy
    Kathy Kennedy
    Participant

I’ll join you from the USA!
    –Kathy Kennedy

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Great Kathy! I’m looking forward to it, have some kits prepped

UvonM
    Participant

Great idea! We will join you from Germany. I just ordered some new labels… you newer know! 😉
    Happy Morsbagging,
    Ursula

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Welcome Ursula! Wouldn’t it be good if your labels arrive in time for the International Morsbagging Weekend!

Have you got some fabric made into kits ready to sew?

Jan Shea
    Jan Shea
    Participant

I’m happy to tell you that The Chickadeez and Friends in Redmond, Washington, USA will be holding a Sew-A-Thon and bag handout this Saturday, November 18th – so we’ll definitely be participating in the Internation Give A Way. Any readers in the area, please stop by and say Hello to us at the Redmond Regional Library – we’d love to meet you! Who knows, we might even have some goodies to share.

I did notice that the announcement about the give a way on the Home page still lists the 2016 date – does anyone know how to update that?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Jan Shea Jan Shea.
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’m so glad you’ll be joining in with the Chickadeez Jan, good to have you aboard. 😀

The home page is admin territory Jan, sorry, I’m powerless! I just show the spam the door.

Jan Shea
    Jan Shea
    Participant

Ok thanks for all you do Beattie.
    Maybe I’ll send an email to the admin – hopefully will encourage a little more participation.

Hi everyone
    I’ve got the weekend free and am looking forward to joining in the international Morsbagging weekend.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Hi Tintin! I’m so glad you can join in too! 😀

I’ve got some kits ready to sew, will set everything up later today, so I hope to get a good start tomorrow morning.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I am meeting a new morsbagger in our area to show her how to make morsbags at my dressmaking class with my friend Julia Claridge from Bobbins and Buttons pod. I shall take some kits along and see how many bags we can make in the morning.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Here is the first morsbag for the International Morsbag Challenge – November 2017

It is for a special lady who works at the Fabric Guild where we meet every week to make morsbags. She is in our thoughts at the moment and yes she loves skulls!

IMG_0593

Which gives a running total of

Unknown

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by offcuts offcuts.

Hello Everyone from a sunny but frosty Sussex in England.
    That’s a gorgeous bag Offcuts. I’m just off to my craft room start my bag making., Will check back in before lunch to add my total. Happy Morsbagging everyone
    x

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Here I am about to start sewing – had to fit a new bulb in the Bernina first. (Yes it’s still going Rosie 😀 )

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

We’ve made 6 bags so far, so the running total is

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.