Displaying Morsbags at a Festival

Morsbags HomeForumsideas…Displaying Morsbags at a Festival

This topic contains 29 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Kathy Kennedy Kathy Kennedy 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Jan Shea
    Jan Shea
    Participant

Hi Beattie, you were right – I hadn’t done that right. I think if you were to click this link now, you could see them. https://www.flickr.com/photos/151411777@N08/

Great ideas Gudrun – I think visualizing how easy this is could get a few more people to join in!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Hi Jan, if you want to actually post the photos on here so all the non face bookers can see you just have to cut and paste the address of the actual photo on to your post

Jan Shea
    Jan Shea
    Participant
    Jan Shea
    Jan Shea
    Participant

Finally got the pix on the Morsbags Flickr page!!!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’m so glad this thread is useful to you too, Gudrun

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Jan, it might be because I’m using a mobile phone, but I still can’t see your photos 😩

Anonymous

Wonderful pictures, lovely bags, too – I can see them on my computer once I clicked Jan’s links. I’m very envious: I still haven’t cracked this Flickr thing. I’m also envious of the lovely sunshine in your pics: Here in Germany it’s a rainy day. Still, these are good weather conditions for sewing morsbags!

Jan Shea
    Jan Shea
    Participant

Hi Beattie,
    I just went to the Morsbags Flickr page and the 1st 7 photos displayed are mine, so hopefully you’ll see them that way.
    Gudrun, hope your weather improves. Where in Germany do you live? We’re in the Northwest corner of the US near Seattle where we’re famous for rain, but we’ve had over a month without it – unheard of! I’ll try aim the fan at the sunshine to go your way – no promises though. Happy sewing, Jan

Anonymous

Hi, Jan,
    thanks for sending some sunshine this way – it came here round midday. So, I only made 2 Morsbags today and enjoyed the sun the rest of the day. We live in north Germany, Berlin is two hours by car.
    Beattie, I especially loved the idea of threading the morsbags with letters on them onto the rope: I also had people trying to get bags with their initials off the clothes line! I can see from all your useful ideas that you have done workshops any times and probably learnt something at everyone of them!

Kathy Kennedy
    Kathy Kennedy
    Participant

I have tried in the past to get photos to the flickr account. After reading this thread, I have tried again, and got to the point where I sent a message through flickr. It didn’t say exactly who the message will go to, but it should go to the “administrator” of the Morsbag flickr group. If this works out, I will try to post some photos soon.
    Fingers crossed!
    -Kathy K, mid-Missouri (Earthlings)

Jan Shea
    Jan Shea
    Participant

Hi Kathy,
    Let me know if you manage to get your pictures in the group – I’d love to see them.!

Jan

Kathy Kennedy
    Kathy Kennedy
    Participant

I went back and successfully posted a photo to the Flickr account, arriving there via the link through the Morsbags “Gallery” tab. The photo of the blue and off-white bag is mine! I will post more soon.
    I liked seeing your photos of your bags and the event. Looks like you had a great turn-out.
    –Kathy K, mid-Missouri (Earthlings)

Jan Shea
    Jan Shea
    Participant

Way to go Kathy! Lovely bag. Glad you were able to post.

Our group is having so much fun, and we’re adding members all the time.
    Even got some fabric donations this week which is helping, because we are doing our third event in two months on 9/23!
    Northwest Harvest Food Bank would like us to make them bags to use when handing out food for low income folks and the Teen Center is asking for some as well. Should keep us busy for the rest of the year at least.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Kathy, I’m so sorry, I have only just seen your post from 23rd July. I will email the administrator of the morsbags flickr group and see if she has authorised you. I don’t know why you’ve been having problems posting photos.

I’m so pleased you’re having fun and making more friends Jan! It’s great that you’ve got a drop-off point for donations now, and that donations are arriving. “I love it when a plan comes together.” 😉

Kathy Kennedy
    Kathy Kennedy
    Participant

Beattie, It is OK, seems to have worked for me to post to the flickr page the other day.
    It’s really interesting to see the bags others have made.
    Thanks,
    Kathy K, mid-Missouri

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.