Bobbins and Buttons

Morsbags HomeForumswelcome new podsBobbins and Buttons

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Just to welcome new pod Bobbins n’Buttons to our world! The lady who is running it has sewing classes so she has machines already. I am going along to their first pod meeting on tuesday to give her labels and her own bell which Waley had spare.

It is always exciting and they are based in the west of leicester which is an area we haven’t covered. They are also having an evening pod meeting in Lutterworth so it is all very good. Good luck B & B from me!

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Brilliant!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Welcome Bobbins’n’Buttons! I noticed there was a new pod but had no information. Thanks for telling us about them Offcuts 😀 I hope you have fun at the new pod meeting.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

We had a lovely time this morning at Bobbins and Buttons pod. 9 people came and 10 new morsbags are in the wild. We had fresh coffee and home made cookies, and thank you to Julia’s friend, Sarah for taking me home. It made me laugh that Bobbins n’ Buttons posted on Facebook that they ended up with more fabric than they started with! Yep thats what happens!! Waley came along too. I am really pleased that I learnt how to use a walking foot (useful for thick fabric) Here are some pics

IMG_0154

1531922_499626096823442_1434046149_n

IMG_0164

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by offcuts offcuts.
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know how it went Offcuts! They’re lovely photos 😀 Well done, Bobbins’n’Buttons – you’ll find you give someone a bag and they give you enough fabric to make another 10!! Are you meeting again?

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Fantastic, so pleased the first meeting went well.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Yes Beattie, they are meeting in Lutterworth on thursday evening and then again on West Leics on 1st Feb. Julia, the lady on the right in the first photo is hoping to meet once or twice a month. She runs sewing classes so has readymade participants. She very kindly showed me how to use a walking foot that Brother have given me to use on thicker fabrics. 🙂

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Bobbins n’ Buttons had another pod meeting on saturday morning. Another great success. 9 bags were made. Here is Julia’s sewing room. Yummy homemade cookies!

1546159_508841555901896_2003694745_n

Joby
    Keymaster

OK have given the issues seen before a quick fix for now, was something to do with a recent change by wordpress so will report the bug to them and hopefully my fix will work for now. Flickr embedding can cope with photos and videos and to fix it I have hard coded it to just photos for now until an update comes out.
    I have removed all comments re the issue and will remove this soon, please don’t refer to this to keep things clean.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by Avatar Joby.
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

What a lovely space to work in! It’s great seeing all those morsbags being made 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.