This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by sazzie sazzie 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Just wondering how to designate an avatar or is that still to come?! 😕

Joby
    Keymaster

Good question Offcuts! You managed to creep in to the new site so early we haven’t had a chance to start filling some parts including this thread!
    There is currently only one way as another solution is in the works, it needs testing.
    The easiest way is to get a ‘Gravatar’! Gravatar is a service that means once you create an account and upload an avatar to http://gravatar.com then many thousands of sites that check Gravatar will get your avatar automagically – no need to keep uploading at differ sites, and one change should change everywhere.

That’s what we use at the moment, we vouch for Gravatar and you don’t have to enter too much personal info, to get a basic avatar working across the web.

The other solution will come soon and will let you know about it here.
    We are currently creating a welcome page for podders old and new to take them through the whole new user/pods/forum set up and will soon have a FAQ, as soon as we have some FAQ (this one will go on there!)

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Joby.
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Ok, thank you Joby. I shall test out solution 2 when it arrives! 😉

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

And when Offcuts has worked out how to do it, I shall have a try!

Joby
    Keymaster

Hello all, it seems the option is already here but there may be an issue where you as a user (non admin) can not get to the option.
    Please can you all try this…
    1) Log in
    2) Hover over your yellow username in the top right and select ‘My Profile’
    3) Go to ‘Edit Forum Profile’ a blue link a little way down (this will become more of an obvious button)
    4) Scroll down all the way to the bottom – you should see your Avatar settings and a button to ‘Upload’

Let us know how it goes, if you click ‘Edit Forum Profile’ and you get an ‘oops’ error page then let us know!

Good luck…

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Joby.
    sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

I’ve tried this morning from iPad, MacBook and iPhone and get the oops message, I will try tomorrow from another computer

Joby
    Keymaster

No worries Sazzie I think it is something wrong with the set up. Rosie -how did you manage to do your avatar?

Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

I am having problems editing my Forum profile! Keep getting the ‘OOps’ message too. Any ideas?! 🙂

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I followed your instructions. After I clicked on edit profile, I scrolled down to the bottom where it said choose file. I clicked on that and it went to my photo library, chose the tattoo, then clicked on upload and it appeared on my avatar.

Joby
    Keymaster

Hi Whetstone – I think the clue is under your avatar – you are a member and Rosie seems to be a ‘Morsbagger’ – not sure why the difference – so this may be a clue!
    Will keep you posted!
    Thanks

Joby
    Keymaster

UPDATE – try now Whetstone – I upgraded your account to Morsbagger/Participant – will be interesting to see if you can now!
    Will look into this for all users if this is the case.
    Thanks

Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Huzzah! I have managed to edit my profile and upload a pic. I have also re-instated the user nickname Waley although my pod is still Whetstone Whales. Fantastic 🙂

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Hmmmm I can get as far as ‘edit profile’ but can’t click choose file.

Joby
    Keymaster

Sazzie- strange – can you try a different browser? If it works can you let me know which browser did and didn’t work. It looks like is working for others now and what you report seems a new issue.

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Will check later tonight and let you know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.