Thank you

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by offcuts offcuts 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    newbiebagger
    Participant

My greatful thanks to the Wimbledon Sewing Machine Company who not only donated the fabric, thread, a machine and space to use it during Sew it Saturday yesterday. Everyone who had time to make a bag, promptly used it as they completed purchases with the shop, and all were very taken with the idea of ‘morsbagging’ their friends and family. Also we gave many leaflets, patterns and labels to those shoppers who did not have time to make one today, many of the staff also took the pattern/label to make a bag on their own time. We had a lovely chat with a several customers who arrived carrying ‘morsbags’ donated elsewhere and they reconfirmed their commitment to continuing to make and donate bags to others

So all in all a good day. My particular thanks to Sharon for allowing this event to happen and to Pat and Gill for all their patience, good humour and support during the day.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That’s wonderful news, Newbiebagger! Well done for an excellent day spreading the word – you all did brilliantly. 😀 Thanks for writing such a great report of a lovely day. It’s particularly encouraging to hear that some people arrived with morsbags already 🙂

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Wow! that sounds an amazing event! One that I would have liked to attend myself! The ‘snowball’ effect is happening in Wimbledon!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.