Next Handout …. May 26th

Morsbags HomeForumsdates for diaries…Next Handout …. May 26th

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Krisaby Krisaby 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

We had a really successful handout in March – well done everyone! So are you ready for the next handout in May?

We’ve chosen Monday 26th of May and thought it’d be a great way to give everyone something jolly to do on their Bank Holiday!

The idea is to sew like mad to make as many lovely morsbags to hand out as possible – perhaps organise a local group for courage, support and joy, and hand out free morsbags to locals wherever you are in the world……

You can:

bag your local library
    bag a local car park
    bag dog walkers
    bag a cinema
    bag a care home
    bag your neighbours
    bag your Facebook friends

The possibilities are endless and it’s up to YOU, wherever YOU are!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

We’re really sorry, Pol, but we’ll be on holiday then.
    ❗ Maybe I could pack some extra morsbags and hand them out in Estonia! 😀

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

I will have a little think and decide where to hand some out. Xx

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I think they have a junior football tournament at the park across the road so might bag that. I like the idea of care homes…………

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Macs Bags are having a making day on 26th but I will get some to the local shop on that day.

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

A holiday in Estonia Beattie – that sounds lovely! Just checked and there aren’t any pods there, so there’s a challenge!Good idea to bag the local shop and mini footballer’s families Agwen and Offcuts…

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

I have a dilemma – I am working that day, but as I have started to build up a mini stash of Morsbags again – after a long long gap (not being idle of course, but I have been sewing lots and lots and lots of other things – Sazzie can vouch for that) my dilemma is – how do I do a handout when I am on duty ? it might be a nursing home perhaps – or maybe I could bag the on call GPs !!! Or paramedics….now theres an idea……well, I will have to put my thinking hat on, but I am sure it will be a unigue handout

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Sounds very intriguing Ivybags. We did the the emergency services last time and it was great fun – ambulance, fire and police stations……..mmnnn…..

Anyway this time one of our ‘targets’ will be 3 care homes – staff and residents.

Tori is doing a lovely giveaway………

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’m looking forward to hearing about Tori’s lovely giveaway. We’ve only got room for a handful of bags to take on hols with us, so that’s what we’re giving out this time.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

But what an exciting give-away! Have a lovely time xx

masterclock
    masterclock
    Participant

Beattie did indeed hand out two bags in Estonia. Twas to a sweet lady running a tourist information centre. No exactly the most populous area – got a shop car once a week. Of course you could always watch the artisan well, or inspect the Russian missile base. Don’t ask about the hornet.

f

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Looking forward to hearing more!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

DON’T ASK ABOUT THE HORNET!! IT WAS THE SIZE OF A SMALL PLANE!! I HAD TO FACE IT ALONE!! IT WAS UP A TOWER THAT I HAD TO CLIMB BACK UP, ON MY OWN!! OPEN METAL LADDERS!! MESH PLATFORMS!! A SHED ON A POLE, WITH A HORNET TRAPPED IN IT!!

NOOOOOO!!!

YES!
    IT HAD GONE WHEN I WENT BACK TO SHUT THE SHED DOOR
    😀
    Phew!!

Well

P1010018 Saaremaa Island, Estonia

Hornet – not well!

P1010026 Saaremaa Island, Estonia

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Scary! You were clearly very brave and behaved in the cool calm way that we have come to expect from such an intrepid morsbagger. It sounds terrifying.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.