Morsbags 10th Birthday

Morsbags HomeForumsmorsbag chatMorsbags 10th Birthday

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

On the 14th January 2007 Pol and Joe Morsman started the phenomena morsbags! I don’t think they envisaged the success it was to become. Nearly a quarter of a million have been made by 1500 pods in over 50 countries, saving the use of over 100 million plastic carrier bags! An amazing achievement that we should all be proud of.

In Leicester we are having tea and cake in true morsbags tradition.

What is your favourite favourite morsbag memory? I have so many but I think my favourite was meeting Prince Charles. It was a great honour.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thank you for posting this Offcuts! Have a wonderful Leicester teaparty! Is it going to be at Brock’s Hill?

I have lots of happy morsbags moments. I loved doing the Festival of Quilts (several times)

Hive of industry

and the Knitting and Stitching shows and other craft shows.

I had a superb time at the garden party at Clarence House – didn’t meet Prince Charles, but enjoyed a squint at his gardens

The Clarence House garden

and the exhibit from Beth Chatto’s garden.

Dry garden 2xxx

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Happy Birthday Morsbags.
    Thank you to Pol and Joe from everyone in Macs Bags for starting morsbags. We all enjoy making the bags, the smile on people’s faces when we give them away and knowing that we are helping the environment.
    I hadn’t picked up that it is 10 years since it all started. It just so happens that Macs Bags are going to have a bag making session on Monday so I will make sure that we have cake instead of our usual biscuits.

Whissybags
    Whissybags
    Participant

Happy 10th Birthday Morsbags
    Although we have only been making bags for three years, we have certainly got the bug and hopefully we have bagged most of our villagers.
    Here’s to the next ten years.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Great news that you have bagged most of your village Whissybags. Is your community shop still giving away morsbags? 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by offcuts offcuts.
    Whissybags
    Whissybags
    Participant

Yes, we are still supplying our village shop with Morsbags and every new member to WI gets one too.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Brilliant! xx

Dartfrog
    Participant

Morsbags have been such a positive in my life. I can’t even begin to express how much I enjoy making them and distributing them.

Actually I probably could begin to express, but I’m overly wordy at the best of times so I’ll just say “Yay!”.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

So many people say that Dartfrog! What is your pod again?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Do you know, Offcuts, I think it’s “Darting Frog”!
    Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, Dartfrog 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.