Fab Feb!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

January was a record breaker for new pods and February was also very good, with eighteen new pods joining us. They were –
    Hamburg
    Better Bags
    Troop46724
    St Nick’s
    Hamblins Habybaggers
    Fae Decay
    Old Bags of Bexhill
    Sarah Oatley – Drawn Threads
    patchikins
    Grababag
    sew-alone
    Pod of Mermaids
    Busy Lizzie
    Hare and Boathouse
    sandymacc
    Friendships To Save The Planet
    Odd Handles
    SW Sun Seekers

Welcome and happy bagging to you all.

I do love it when newbies don’t shilly-shally but get stuck in, and there are several new pods that appear on the list of active pods as well as the list of new pods. There were sixty-one pods that added bags to the global tally in all, the same number as last month. Well done everyone –

Tivoli West
    Die Nähdamen
    Monty Morsbags
    Toni Fab Bags
    Toot’s Bags
    Suzies @ Plas Dur
    Mannin Pod
    LoopyBags
    Bembridge TG Baggers
    The Chickadeez (and friends)
    Less is Mors
    Macs Bags
    Whissybags
    Meddon Morsbaggers
    Ellabee’s
    Niffy Bags
    Bude Baggers
    HopStitching
    Morsbags et non Morsbach
    BS5 Baggers
    Earthlings
    Butterfly Bags
    Landford / Nomansland Baggers
    Stashbusters
    Faire Des Sacs
    Hardwick Carriers
    Rejig Bags
    Guggles
    Bumble
    Snobbyeddy Crafts
    Greenbags
    In Stitches
    The Bag Lady
    Sally South Bags
    Holsworthy Baggers
    Sewkulele
    Worth Stitchers
    Whale Bags
    Fae Decay
    Old Bags of Bexhill
    Sarah Oatley – Drawn Threads
    Grababag
    Helland Baggers
    LoopyBags
    Handcross Bag Lady
    The old bag
    The Taylor’s Needle Community
    Tam’s Pod
    say no to plastic
    sew-alone
    sandymacc
    Halifax Raggedy Baggers
    Bag for Love
    Friendships To Save The Planet
    Cuckoobird
    Attwell bags
    Whetstone Whales
    Greener Sawston
    Odd Handles
    SW Sun Seekers
    ECOBAGS

These sixty-one pods made 2485 morsbags in February, a fantastic total, almost as many as in January but with three fewer days to make them in. I see that lots of pods have got in quickly and have been adding bags in the last two days, so I look forward to March’s figures.

I’d like to bring a comment (a mission statement?) from a new pod to your attention. Better Bags writes –
    “We are retired ladies working from our caravans as we tour through the Western Cape.”
    This resonates with me, caravan & everything! Wish I was with you ladies! 🙂

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Thank you for the total again Beattie. It is always lovely to see how many bags have been added to the total each month.

The idea of making bags whilst enjoying the country side is very appealing Better Bags. I hope you are enjoying better weather than we are here in UK.
    Sitting in the warm and making morsbags on a cold snowy day like today is also very pleasant.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I think of a bad weather day as the ideal morsbagging day too Agwen. I think it’s inspiring to see just haw many bags have been made each month and how many other people are also sewing away, worldwide!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Hopefully there has been a peak following Blue Planet 2 and the photos on the One Show on 7th Feb.

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Another fabulous total, especially with it being a short month.
    I love looking at the new pods names. There are some brilliant ones. I particularly like Old Bags of Bexhill! The Pod of Mermailds is intriguing too.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I agree Tori, people get some really great ideas for pod names. We’re looking good so far for March’s stats, those bags are just rolling out from under baggers’ sewing machines.

Two Doors Studio
    Two Doors Studio
    Participant

Loving all the new pods (and the old hands too ) – welcome and bravo for all the morsbags being released.

I have a slight confession to make – I’m going the skew the figures for March.
    This is because we’ve been busy morsbagging away but I wasn’t able to update our total for a few months (password brain fog).

Now I’ve retrieved it our fresh morsbags have been added to the total at last. Yay! But apologies to Beattie in advance.

So it may look as if we’ve just been sitting on our pincushions for months and then sewn up a frenzy in march with our poor machines, but the truth is much more sedate (and also kinder to the sewing machines).

Two Doors Studio pod were delighted to be invited to Stockton Brook Guides to make some Morsbags with them. 25 bags were completed and the guides did themselves proud.
    A big well done to them. I hope they start their own pod but even if they don’t they will still be morsbagging as they spread the message by using their bags and gently reminding whoever they’re shopping with to take their reusable bags with them.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’m laughing, Tracy! I love skewed figures – I just saw you’d added lots and was really pleased to see them. March is already shaping up to be another bumper month for new pods, and lots of bags made too.

Great job with and by the Guides! Have fun using your new morsbags girls 😀

Two Doors Studio
    Two Doors Studio
    Participant

Thank you Beattie – and thanks for doing these stats too. Always great to see how we’re doing 🙂

ememiems
    Participant

Thanks Beattie for doing the updates. The Harborough team have now updated their total – thanks to Joe at Morsbags HQ for fixing it for us 🙂 So hopefully that will help a little for March! 🙂

Thanks,
    Em

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

March was looking pretty good before Harborough Hit Bags added their big increment Em, now it’s looking even better! ‘m looking forward to posting about it in just over a week. 😀

Odd Handles
    Participant

I like Guggles and Bumble! Great names!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Guggles is a dialect name for snails 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.